“Company” shall mean BNR Limited, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of BNR Limited.
“Guarantor” means that person (or persons), or entity, who agrees to be liable for the debts of the Customer
on a principal debtor basis.
“Goods” shall mean Goods supplied by the Company to the Customer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined) and are as described on the invoices, quotation, work authorisation or any other forms as provided by the Company to the Customer.
“Services” shall mean all services supplied by the Company to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined above).
“Price” shall mean the cost of the Goods as agreed between the Company and the Customer subject to clause 3 of this contract.
Any instructions received by the Company from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer’s acceptance of Goods supplied by the Company shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customers shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be amended with the written consent of the Company.
The Customer undertakes to give the Company at least fourteen (14) days notice of any change in the Customer’s name, address and/or any other change in the Customer’s details.
Price And Payment
At the Company’s sole discretion the Price shall be either, as indicated on invoices provided by the Company to the Customer in respect of Goods and/or Services supplied, or
the Company’s quoted Price (subject to clause 3.2) which shall be binding upon the Company provided that the Customer shall accept the Company’s quotation in writing within thirty (30) days.
The Company reserves the right to change the Price in the event of a variation to the Company’s quotation.
At the Company’s sole discretion a deposit may be required.
Time for payment for the Goods and/or Services shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice or any other forms. If no time is stated then payment shall be due seven (7) days following the date of the invoice.
At the Company’s sole discretion:
- payment shall be due before delivery of the Goods and/or Services, or
- payment for approved Customers shall be made by installments in accordance with the Company’s payment schedule, or
- payment for approved Customer’s shall be due thirty (30) days following the end of the month in which a statement is posted to the Customer’s address or address for notices
- payment will be made by cash, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and the Company
- VAT and other taxes and duties that may be applicable shall be added to the Price except when they are expressly included in the Price
Delivery Of Goods
At the Company’s sole discretion delivery of the Goods and/or Services shall take place when the Customer takes possession of the Goods and or Services at the Customer’s address.
Delivery dates will be scheduled by agreement between the Company and the Customer. Variations to delivery dates may occur, the Company will keep the Customer advised of any likely change to the agreed schedule. The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage caused due to a schedule change.
At the Company’s sole discretion the costs of delivery are included in the Price.
The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods and/or Services whenever they are tendered for delivery. In the event that the Customer is unable to take delivery of the Goods and/or Services as arranged then the Company shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for redelivery.
Delivery of the Goods and/or Services to a third party nominated by the Customer is deemed to be delivery to the Customer for the purposes of this agreement.
The Company may deliver the Goods and/or Services by separate installments Each separate installment shall be invoiced and paid for in accordance with the provisions in these terms and conditions.
The Customer shall take delivery of the Goods tendered notwithstanding that the quantity so delivered shall be either greater or lesser than the quantity purchased provided that:
- such discrepancy in quantity shall not exceed 5%, and
- the Price shall be adjusted pro rata to the discrepancy.
It is the intention of the Company and agreed by the Customer that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until:
- the Customer has paid all amounts owing for the particular Goods, and
- the Customer has met all other obligations due by the Customer to the Company in respect of all contracts between the Company and the Customer
Receipt by the Company of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honored, cleared or recognised and until then the Company’s ownership or rights in respect of the Goods shall continue.
It is further agreed that:
- where practicable the Goods shall be kept separate and identifiable until the Company shall have received payment and all other obligations of the Customer are met; and
- until such time as ownership of the Goods shall pass from the Company to the Customer the Company may give notice in writing to the Customer to return the Goods or any of them to the Company. Upon such notice the rights of the Customer to obtain ownership or any other interest in the Goods shall cease; and
- the Company shall have the right of stopping the Goods in transit whether or not delivery has been made;
The Customer hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel the contract or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any misrepresentation made to the Customer by the Company and the Customer acknowledges that the Goods are bought relying solely upon the Customer’s skill and judgment.
No Goods shall be accepted for return except in accordance with the above.
For Goods supplied by the Company, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Company
shall not be bound by nor responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than that which is given by the manufacturer of the Goods.
Sale of Goods Act 1893 and Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980
This agreement is subject to the provisions of the
Sale of Goods Act 1893 and the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 in all cases except where the Customer is contracting within the terms of a trade/business (which cases are specifically excluded).
Notwithstanding clause 11.1 nothing in this agreement is intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 (in particular sections 12-15), or the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, or any laws or legislation governing the rights of the consumer.